The cases seem to be rising again despite the lockdown measures.
- As of today 26th April, 2020, there are 75 cases of COVID-19 confirmed in Uganda, 46 recoveries and zero deaths. The whole country is still under lockdown.
- In Arua district where the DOL office is located, there is a COVID-19 quarantine point just 1km from the office where 4 cases of the infection are being handled. For several days there have not been new cases registered within the country, but most of the new cases are imported by truck drivers from the neighbouring countries of Kenya and Tanzania.
- Refugees in the various settlement camps received their food rations with strict measures of social distancing being enforced. Each person received also received 2 bars of washing soap as a support to increase the handwashing campaign.
- The markets in the refugee camps have been provided with hand washing containers and the selling stalls reorganized to observe the social distancing measures.
- The agriculture groups can not meet together anymore. Every member is using the skills they gained in the past 2 years to practice organic agriculture on their own.
- The agriculture officer can no longer visit the groups to do his regular supervision and monitoring of the agriculture activities in the groups.
- The groups will not be able to get the fruit trees until the lockdown is lifted. This is because only food and other essential materials described in the presidential directive can be procured during this period.
The current lockdown will end on 5th May 2020, we will see how it will be in the next two weeks.
The clinic is still operational and we may need more protective wears.
Below are WHO statistics shown are dated today 22 Apr.