CRESS is delighted to be selected by Vitamin Angels to dispense vitamins. Vitamin Angels is a charity providing lifesaving vitamins to mothers and children at risk of malnutrition. Their focus is on supporting places where they can make the greatest impact on malnutrition, which threatens the health, well-being, and future of mothers and children around the world, every day.
Vitamins received from Vitamin Angels :
- 28000 doses of Albendazole 400 mg Chewable Tablets – Children 12-59 Months – Qty. 1000 (enough for 14000 beneficiaries)
- 810000 doses of Multivitamins – Pregnant Women – Qty. 180 (enough for 4500 beneficiaries)
- 4500 doses of Vitamin A 100,000 IU – Children 6-11 Months – Qty. 500 (enough for 4500 beneficiaries)
- 28000 doses of Vitamin A 200,000 IU – Children 12-59 Months – Qty. 500 (enough for 14000 beneficiaries)
Vitamin A benefits for children
- Keeps the bodies metabolism running smoothly
- Helps build bones
- Protects the eyes from night blindness and helps preserve sight
- Supports a healthy immune system and reduces the likelihood of dying of Malaria and typhoid
- For pregnant women it allows the healthy development of babies during pregnancy
With these quantities, all the children aged under 5 years in Imvepi Camp and the Gobor and Mijale bush areas will be given Vitamin A. This will be delivered shortly with a complex and large team who are trained in giving vitamin A.
The clinic in Mijale will distribute the vitamins and anti-worming as the mothers and children come to the clinic.
CRESS medical team will work closely with the local health authority and the distribution will be closely monitored.