Since lockdown has lifted in Uganda it was finally time for the long-awaited showing of the Jesus Film by the Diocese of Liwolo (DOL) in Imvepi Refugee Settlement.
Joel, Literature and Discipleship Officer for the DOL reported:
The Jesus Film has been one of the most effective evangelism tools that helps to raise up leaders so that the gospel of Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ will be heard by many boys and girls, women and men, old and elderly and the kingdom of God will continue to grow in the all Nation. In these two days, we encountered tremendous achievements.
We played Jesus Film show in Imvepi Refugees Settlement at Zone Two BX Canaan Church and Zone One Gole ko Mugun Church, on Thursday and Friday.
The impacts on the lives of the people at the Refugee settlement was amazing.
- The first day was on 3th 12/2020 at Zone Two Canana Church, the attendance
was 748 including Adults and Children.
- People were very happy to see the film and it was very touching.
- 15 people responded to the gospel and were saved.
- 247 people prayed for during the film ministry.
- The Church was full, the following morning. Then we taught them the Bible Lessons, how to open and read scriptures, they loved it, it was so fun especially during the competition sessions. This improved their scripture opening speed.
- The second day was on 4th 12/2020 in Zone One, was day two of putting Jesus
Film at Gole ko Mugun Church, we have 575 people who came to watch the Jesus Film.
- There were 3 people who gave their lives to Jesus Christ after the film.
- Those who come forward for prayers were 169.
- Good cooperation was shown during the Jesus Film with all the Leaders who were involved actively, and they were able to support our welfare all the two days.
Feedback from the Diocese of Liwolo
Of course, the COVID-19 pandemic caused many people not to want to come for the fellowship and the Jesus Film Show.
We realised that one day was not enough, as the many people who responded to the gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ needed discipleship and Counselling classes.
More Jesus Film Shows need to be organized next year in the camps and Mijale along the border.
The two days Jesus film show has been of great impact to the lives of our people at Imvepi Refugee Settlement. Thank you, Cress UK, for funding this project.