Christian Relief and Education in South Sudan (CRESS UK) is a small charity focused on improving life in South Sudan. South Sudan is one of the poorest and most fragile nations in the world. We are located in the heart of Wiltshire with a dedicated team of volunteers. Our passion is to share the many blessings that we enjoy in practical ways as an expression of God’s love for all people.
Working with the Episcopal Church and the local Bishop, our aim is to enable the amazing people who live in South Sudan. We hope to improve their lives through providing direct and personal support in the form of education, training, equipment and medical facilities. Enabling the people to improve their lives and in turn improve the lives of others, to create a better future for the country as a whole.
We mainly focus our efforts in the Central Equatorial region. We usually work within the Diocese of Kajo Keji, with whom we have enjoyed a strong and long working relationship with since 2011.
What makes us different?
• 90% of all donations received are invested directly in projects on the ground in South Sudan, delivering real benefit to the people who live there.
• We have strong financial accountability in both the UK and South Sudan and spend our donors’ money wisely to create the greatest difference to the people.
• Our projects are focused, often starting small so we can evaluate what works so we might refine our projects until it sustainably delivers real benefit.
• The organisation structure and operations are based on long term and deep personal relationships between the people of South Sudan and the UK.
• We visit the country regularly, and this is seen as essential to our success.
You can have confidence in CRESS UK because we care about the work we do, the people we seek to support and creating sustainability in all our projects. If you would like to help us continue supporting the South Sudanese people, please get in touch as we would love to hear from you or DONATE NOW!
Why not take a more detailed look at our project areas and if you can, please make a donation so that we can continue to help grow a sustainable future.
The Liwolo Clinic project
Keep up with our news